Monday, October 26, 2009

Update at last

Gday All!! Wow it has been a while since posting here and I do believe its time to get this site up and going again. I have been quite busy during these past 10 months. My house and property in Callignee was destroyed during the Black Saturday bushfires (along with some of my model rail gear and a lot of VR antiques :-( ). We werent in the home at the time and were able to get a small amount of items out.


Directly after the fires, myself and my wife, my 2 children and my parents (who also lost their house) lived in temporary accomodation for 4 months. From there we moved to my parents new purchased home where we lived for 2 months before purchasing a new home of our own. We arent sure whether we will return to Callignee but for the moment we are comfortable and enjoy living in our own space.


Now enough blah blah about sad stuff. MORE ABOUT TRAINS!!!!


I did manage to save all of my N scale models and T Guage with the exception of a small bridge module I was working on. I also saved a lot of my VR memoribilia with the exception of the larger (rarer and expensive!!) items such as the original Leongatha ticket cabinet (complete with tickets and all 81 tubes), VR stretcher (rare red one) crossing signals and of course a moderate variety of signs. I have moved on and have started to collect memeroibilia again.


Along with starting collecting again I have also found time and space to start modelling again. :-) I now have a room in the house dedicated to working on the models and a 12x6metre shed for the larger stuff including a 4x6 metre dedicated layout room!!

I realised I havent posted up any pictures of our completed layouts. Ill start with Pauls.


Completed bridge
Scratchbuilt DERM
Ballast and cutting detail

Whole layout.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me at:
Ill post up some pictures of my briefcase layout soon. Cheers.
Adrian

1 comment:

David M said...

Wotcha Guys,
What's the news on the home front? New place going well? I was thinking how insensitive I was to comment on the dry river, and forgetting about the history of your homes. I'm a bad, bad boy and very sorry.
I just think you are doing some great stuff down under, and wish you all the best.
David (AKA DesertShadow)